darkdanc3r: pale flamepoint exotic Siamese face with huge ears (Default)

So for years I've been dealing with an irregular heartbeat, sometimes palpitations or serious racing. I'm on shrinky meds, and some of them are known to cause/exacerbate heart problems.

For nearly as many years, I've been getting blown off by doctors. "Lose some weight," they tell me, "everything will be fine then." Because yeah, I'm heavyset. And the racing isn't a constant thing, so frequently when a doc is doing that 'listen to your lungs/heart' thing with a stethoscope, they don't catch it. I got lucky, in 2017 during a random EKG (not sure why she ordered it, but she did) the racing was recorded. Of course, I found out about that via a voicemail, and when we tried to call back for more info... the doctor was no longer there and they couldn't assist.

Idiots.

Anyway! I finally got a doctor who listened, and sent me to a cardiologist.

For the next two weeks (well, starting from 7-16) I have a portable heart monitor. And because I live in a high medtech area (all those retirees coming to Arizona are finally coming in handy!) my heart monitor is high tech. Just a little half inch thick plastic box about the same size as the lid of a Gatorade bottle. And 3 times that in adhesive pads. If I feel any symptoms I push on the box, and then record what I felt in an app on my phone.

Let me tell you, though. The adhesive itches SO. BAD.

Me and my tiny heart monitor, not much bigger than a gatorade bottle lid

Just.. ignore the hair, please. We don't trust hair salons currently, but the fluff was getting out of control.

Date: 2020-07-21 03:52 am (UTC)From: [personal profile] marcelo
marcelo: (Default)
*fingers crossed this leads to useful information and extended/adjusted treatment*

Date: 2020-07-23 03:50 pm (UTC)From: [personal profile] marcelo
marcelo: (Default)
Thanks, and likewise.

Date: 2020-07-22 02:51 am (UTC)From: [personal profile] katarik
katarik: DC Comics: Major Slade Wilson and Captain Adeline Kane, text but I can make you better (Default)
I hope you get a diagnosis out of this!

April 2026

S M T W T F S
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 6th, 2026 12:56 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios